B Unique with Feathers: Preparing, Cutting, Curling, Stripping, Shaping, Creating Mounts & much more...- 24th Nov - [Jenny Roberts]
B Unique Millinery's Virtual Workshop Series.
4 hr virtual session while you are at home and in your hat making space.
*** these sessions will NOT be recorded ***
These workshops will be limited to 15 people to ensure we can maintain a level interaction. If we have a large demand - additional sessions will be scheduled. This also maybe run in other time zones.
Anyone can join this virtually using Zoom, with plans to run these in each of B Unique Millinery's major Regions - Asia/Pacific (this one), North America and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa).
Chance to test Zoom working correctly prior will also be available.
Jenny Roberts is one of Northern UK’s leading milliners. Recognised for her couture brand, she has been creating beautifully crafted pieces for her clients for over 15 years. Over the last 7 years, along with her co-tutor Marie Halewood, they have gained an international reputation for the Millinery School, teaching to the highest standard for hobby and professional milliners.
Offering a variety of classes from their Harrogate based School Jenny and Marie are thrilled to be teaming up with B Unique to share their skills via online workshops.
This hands-on workshop will uncover the mystery of ‘Flowers.’
In this introductory workshop ..
This course is aimed at:
- Those wanting to learn how feathers can enhance their designs.
The course will involve:
- An introduction to different types of feathers and how they are used in our designs including, goose, hackle, turkey, ostrich and peacock amongst others.
- Time will be spent practicing the art of manipulating feathers and creating a feather mount
- Please make sure you have all your feathers laid out in piles ready to use
You will leave with
- An understanding of different feathers and their capabilities and application in millinery
- The ability to manipulate feathers.
- A variety of feather samples for your library
- An understanding of how feathers should be treated in order to make them millinery ready.
- A feather mount ready to attach to a design of your own, and the skills to create more.
- Information on suppliers and materials.
Contact Details: +61 7 5494 9299 or Mob +61 419 511 799
Date: Tuesday 24th Nov
AU EST 3 am - 7 am (Wed 25th Nov)
AU EDT (Sydney/Melb/Canberra) 4 am - 8 am
UK Time - 5 pm - 10 pm
USA West Coast - 12:00 pm [noon] - 4 pm
USA East Coast - 9:00 am - 1 pm
Supply list will be forwarded to each registered participant
I would have loved to assist but the European time didn’t not match so I could not assist.