Red Hat Making Workshop (14 Feb 2019)
Make your own hat to take away ..
Morning Tea and Lunch provided..
Sewing Items and all millinery items are supplied.
- In this class you will learn the basic fabrics used for making hats and fascinators.
- Identify if you want to make a hat or hatinator
- Try on some Pre-blocked hats to get an idea of style you are looking for
- Pick a pre-blocked hat or hatinator shape or perhaps block your own shape.
- Learn about trims – Crinoline for a brim or a trim, sinamay for trims – spirals / twirls from a bias strip
- Feather flowers, trims and embellishments
- Learn about attaching headbands or elastic and how you wish to wear your headpiece.
- Some hand sewing will need to be done – all sewing supplies will be available to use